If you are a broker in Maryland, Hawaii, Alaska, Connecticut, New Jersey, California, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Vermont, BISNOW furnishes us with 5 Tools Every Marijuana Realtor Needs.
- Fire Extinguisher – “the making ofhash oil, a concentration of the active ingredient in marijuana, involves butane, which can become explosive.” Make sure the fire extinguisher inspected and maintained, used by one trained in its use, located where it’s accessible, and in sufficient quantity and size to deal with the expected fire.
- Cash – “Most banks refuseto work with legal pot businesses for fear of being prosecuted under federal law, which can make it very hard to get a mortgage or loan. Even with the Obama administration issuing guidelines on how to proceed, banks are risk averse, leaving businesses to deal in mostly cash.” In other words, the realtor must learn new ways to launder money.
- Roommate – “If you’re a broker in a state where marijuana is legal, chances are you’re not living by yourself. Therent is probably too high. Taking on a roommate means you must have “the talk.” The Talk All Roommates Must Have – Don’t wait until you and your roommate moves in to have the discussion.
- Tyvek Suit and 3MP100 Goggles – “Most buildings werenot designed to be greenhouses. They contain many organic substances (drywall, for example), which make them susceptible to mold growth if exposed to water. And wouldn’t you know it, growing marijuana requires water. This can present a health risk to current and future tenants.”
- Knowledge of Miranda Rights – According to the White House website: “It is important to recognize that these state marijuana laws do not change the fact thatusing marijuana continues to be an offense under Federal law.” Even if a landlord has a successful negotiation with a commercial, industrial or residential tenant in a marijuana-related business, the federal government can seize the property if the tenant purchases assets from money earned from illegal activity or commits federal crimes on the property.
Yes, parts of the 5 Tools Every Marijuana Realtor Needs is tongue in cheek, but people in the marijuana business will seek real estate with the proper zoning for marijuana cultivation and sales.
There is nothing tongue in cheek or high in the sky about Trusted Homebuyers. We are here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation. As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, up-front costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Trusted Homebuyers is one of the leaders of a nationwide group of thousands of investors who are helping tens of thousands of homeowners every year. We may not be the “traditional” route, but the reason so many choose to work with us is because we CAN help and we can do it quickly, which creates a win-win situation and allows you to sell quickly with no repairs.
Give us a call today to let us know what YOU need help with!