No matter where you live, in Maryland, if you want to sell your house quickly and get a good price, there are some vital repairs to complete before selling.
My friends have been there. They did pre-sale prep before putting their house on the market. Here are some things they found and fixed:
- Broken window – a broken window is like a scotoma. Every normalmammalian eye has a scotoma in its field of vision, usually termed a “blind spot.” You can develop a blind spot for a broken window. You planned on fixing it right after the baseball flew through the air, but you kept putting it off, until you just didn’t see it anymore. However, it will be one of the first things seen to a prospective home buyer.
- Dry rot – It appears around trim and where wood comes into contact with cement. It can also appear between gutters and soffit, and around siding where two boards come together. These areas should be sealed and painted or replaced. It shows that you have a well maintained house.
- Gutters – speaking of gutters, have they been cleaned? Do the gutters sag? Have they rusted? Do they funnel water away from the house? Any of these can tell a home buyer there may be water leaking into the house.
- Chimneys – In Maryland, where rain can come down heavily, chimneys should have caps that keep the rain from going down the chimney and flooding the basement. Over time the mortar that holds the bricks together can crack. This mortar should be repaired to keep the bricks in place and is called repointing.
- Leaky faucets – It’s annoying to see and hear a dripping faucet. Chances are that the washer is worn. It’s an easy fix: replace the washer. It saves money on your water bill.
- Missing shingles – take a look at your roof. Any missing shingles? Get a roofer to inspect your roof and repair. While he’s up there have him check the flashing around the chimney and any sky lights.
- Porch Light – does the porch light work? Is there a bulb? It’s all about curb appeal. If you can’t replace a bulb, what else is wrong?
Did the pre-sale work? You bet! My friends sold their house in two days and got their asking price. They made those vital repairs and the inspection went well.
Trusted Homebuyers is here to help homeowners. Maybe you don’t have the money for repairs. As investors, we can purchase your home as-is. Of course we are a real estate investor and we want to make a modest profit, but we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, up-front costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today to let us know what YOU need help with!